The International Conference on Digital Image Computing: Techniques and Applications (DICTA) is the main Australian Conference on computer vision, image processing, pattern recognition, and related areas. DICTA was established as a biannual conference in 1991 and became an annual event in 2007. It is the premiere conference of the Australian Pattern Recognition Society (APRS).
DICTA 2011 is being held in Noosa, Queensland, Australia from 6-8 December 2011. The venue for the conference is the Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa located between the Noosa River and Noosa's renowned Hastings Street. The format of the conference will be dual-track with both oral presentations and posters.
DICTA 2011 is technically co-sponsored by the IEEE and IAPR. All papers presented at the conference will be included in IEEE Xplore. DICTA is an Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) B ranked conference.
The paper submission system is now CLOSED. Thank you, we had almost 200 papers submitted.
Conference Report Available HERE
Technical Program available HERE
The prospective topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Image coding and processing
- Shape and texture analysis
- Surveillance, defence and industrial applications
- Remote sensing and spectral imaging
- Statistical and structural pattern recognition
- Computer vision
- Artificial intelligence
- Software and hardware
- Human-computer interaction
- Biomedical and e-health applications
- Biotechnology applications of pattern recognition
- Content-based image retrieval and image databases
- Video Databases and Visual Information Systems
- Real world applications and emerging technologies